Natural Disasters and Sustainable Development - Environment and Ecology quiz 3

By CareerCadets

Natural Disasters and Sustainable Development - Environment and Ecology Online Quiz 3

Natural Disasters and Sustainable Development - Environment and Ecology quiz 3 is a free online quiz challenge under Natural Disasters and Sustainable Development - Environment and Ecology category. There are 59 free online quiz challenges available in Environment and Ecology category


With respect to National Disaster Mitigation Fund, choose the correct options1. it is mandatory for government to constitute (NDMF)2. It can be used exclusively for purpose of mitigation only.3. Fund will be credited after due appropriation made by parliament by law.4. NDMF shall be applied by NDMA.

Of the 17 goals enlisted in SDG, which of the following are part of it.1. economy2. Habitation3. Consumption4. Marine ecosystem5. Poverty, health, education and womenSelect the correct answer using the codes given below.

Consider the following statements about floods in India1. Almost 23 of the 36 states and Union Territories in the country are subject to floods and 40 million hectares of land, roughly one-eight of the country's geographical area, is prone to floods.2. Fresh water floods particular play an important role in maintaining  ecosystem is river corridors and are a key factor in maintaining flood plain biodiversity.Which of the statements given above is/are correct?

With respect to Tsunami, consider the following statement.1. Japanses word 'tsu' means harbor and 'nami' means 'wave'.2. Generated due to abrupt deformation of sea floor resulting vertical displacement of overlying water.3. Tsunami waves have small amplitude but very long wavelength.4. It may be caused by non-seismic event also.Select the correct answer using the codes given below.

While allocating the funds to various states, factors considered are1. expenditure incurred by State Government on relief operation during last 10 years.2. vulnerability of the state to natural disaster3. economic status of state4. status of state planSelect the correct answer using the codes given below.

Which of the goals of MDG have been achieved by India?1. Goal 1 i.e reducing poverty by half2. Goal 3 i.e gender parity in primary school enrolment3. Goal 4 i.e. reducing child and infant mortality.4. Goal 7 i.e. improving access to adequate sanitation to eliminate open defection.

Which among the following events can be considered as disasters in the context of the definition of a disaster given by Diasater Management Act 2005?1. Environmental pollution2. Political unrest3. Act of terrorism4. Stampede5. Forest firesSelect the correct answer using the codes given below

With respect to India, choose the correct statement1. 60% of landmass is prone to earthquake2. 8% of total area is prone to cyclones 3. 68% of area is susceptible to drought 4. 12% of area is susceptible to flood

National Policy on Disaster Management-a step taken by government to ensure disaster preparedness. Choose correct statement regarding the policy.1. NPDM has been approved by Central Government in 2005.2. Issue of equity and inclusiveness has been ignored3. It aims to being transparency and accountability in all aspects of disaster management4. It covers institutional arrangement but ignores legal arrangement.Select the correct answer using the codes given below

India is prone to disasters due to number of factors, which of the following seasons are responsible for disasters?1. Topographic feature2. Population growth3. Industrialisation4. UrbanisationSelect the correct answer using the codes given below.

Invite your friends to Natural Disasters and Sustainable Development - Environment and Ecology quiz 3 Quiz

gmail WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Outlook Linkedin